Not all of us are able to leave our homes to pursue activities. In our current climate, we are becoming normalized to doing are ordinary tasks from our own homes. Here are some simple living room fitness routines to try to stay active.
Couch Leg Raises
Couch leg raises are exercises that you can comfortably do on a couch. The couch is a bit softer than a hard floor, which is appealing to many people. The target muscles are the rectus abdominal muscles, the oblique muscles, and abdominal muscles.
- Lay flat on the couch with your head on the cushions and your back on the couch.
- Leave both of your legs straightened out and elevate them to a vertical position before lowering them back down.
- Repeat this 10x and repeat the set.
Couch Air Bike Crunches
This is the perfect exercise for when you don’t feel like exercising. The muscles that are being worked are the lower abs, front hip flexors, and the quadriceps.
- Lie on the sofa with your knees bent, with your lower back pressed against the couch.
- Place your hands behind your head.
- Contract your core muscles while drawing in your abdomen to stabilize your spine.
- With both your hands holding your head gently, move your shoulder blades back while elevating your knees 90 degrees.
- Breathe out slowly and make a bicycle motion with your legs. Try to keep your legs higher than your hips while completing this exercise.
Couch squats are an ideal exercise for those who do not have a spacious living room space. The workout strengthens both your legs, core, and bottom. The primary muscles used are the quadriceps, hamstrings, hips, thighs, and glutes.
- Stand in front of your sofa with both of your arms while sucking your stomach inwards.
- Move as if you are about to sit, but do not sit on the couch.
- Straighten back up to a standing position
- Repeat this 10x per set, multiple sets per exercising schedule.
Exercising is a great way to stay healthy and get your endorphins rushing. You don’t have to leave your home to remain fit.